If you’ve never been to an outdoor festival before, you may not know what to expect. If you have, there’s always something you forgot. Here are some important things you may want to consider bringing to the site to help you enjoy the weekend that much more:
* Map or directions to venue!
* PHONE + charger
* ID for will-call tickets
* Printed ticket confirmation (if you have one)
* Keys + backup car key kept in different place
* CASH – more than you think you will need for food, art, vendors, emergencies
* Credit card/Debit card – shopping or emergencies
* Proof of health insurance/AAA card
* Insect repellent
* Sunglasses + backup pair
* Prescription meds
* Watch- timeslots
* Hat for the sun
* Condoms- safety first.
* First aid kit w/Ibuprofen, Immodium AD, bandaids for blisters, allergy meds, etc.
* Tissues & Toilet Paper – don’t count on the Port-O-Potties staying stocked!
* Baby Wipes – lots (stay clean)
* Swim wear – the water is freezing, but it will be fun
* Glasses + Contacts + Extra contacts
* Business cards
* Flyers for your next party
* Toothbrush & toothpaste
* Grocery bags + large and small Ziploc bags – TONS of uses, from dirty clothes to trash.
* Beach towel
* Ear plugs
* Small container (like prescription bottle) for cigarette butts
* Head lamp or flashlight
* Water bottle
* Frisbee – can play with it and use it as your plate
* Pocket knife
* Socks & underwear + a few extras
* Hat + wool socks + gloves + warm jacket
* Flip flops or sandals
* Comfortable closed-toe shoes. Two pair if you are clumsy and tend to fall into mud or puddles of water.
* Clothes – layers are always best.
* Costumes if you would like
* Rain gear – I never bring rain gear, but expect it to be moist
* Hammer/Mallet for tent
* Air mattress + pump or foam pad
* Warm sleeping bag
* Pillow + extra blanket(s) for tent – if you have extra room
* Tarp(s)- for shade and/or to put under your tent for less moisture
* Shade structure/gazebo for shade & creating camp space
* Ground blankets – that you don’t mind ruining
* Duct tape & superglue
* Camp chairs, pillows etc. for sitting
* Camp table
* Camp stove + pots/pans/cooking utensils if cooking
* Camp shower if you are ritzy + biodegradable soap
* Wall hangings, bright sarongs, etc to hang from trees – camp decor, get creative!
* Black metal binder clips to hang stuff
* Flag or camp marker
* Lantern or other nighttime light source
* Large black garbage bags
* Paper towels
* Ice chests + ice
* Plastic bin(s) to hold all of this
* Eco-friendly soap
* Water for cooking, cleaning up and splash baths
* Pot for boiling water
FOOD AND DRINK
* Sandwich for the first day – make one yourself or grab a 12” from a local deli, you can eat half for lunch, half when you get hungry later, and not have to think about food the whole first day
* Water – stash an extra gallon or so in your car for the ride home. There will be water sources on site, but plan to use at least a gallon per day (for cooking, drinking, washing, etc)
* Gatorade or packets of powdered energy drink to mix in your water bottle
* Emergen-C and multivitamins – STAY HEALTHY SO YOU CAN PARTY MORE
* Granola Bars or Trail Mix
* Candy, chocolate & gum
* Group foods are fun! Think pita chips + hummus, veggies + ranch, etc
* Instant foods are good too: oatmeal, soup
* If you are doing heavy cooking, you will need many more cooking and meal supplies than I have listed. However if you are doing heavy cooking, I assume you know what the hell you are doing and can figure this out on your own.
FOR FUN – Give back to your creative community!
* Camera + extra battery or video camera!
* Day bag for carrying all this around
* Hoola Hoops
* Twirling staff/Poi
* Mullet wig
* Water wings/tubes
* LED toys
* Journal + pen + Sharpee marker
* Fingerpaints, markers or crayons + note pads
* Drum, guitar
* Face paint
* Parasol for the sun
LADIES – get a special section:
* Makeup – fun stuff like glitter & neon blue mascara
* Makeup remover sheets
* Face soap + Frisbee + Water = morning face wash
* Small personal towel
* Tweezers/Nail clippers
* Hair brush + clips/rubber bands
* Smell good stuff- water mixed with a few drops of lavender oil smells great
* Sarongs – can be hung as décor, worn several ways and also used as ground cloth
* Tampons etc.
* Bikini- its gonna be cold, but maybe its worth it?
DO NOT BRING
* Drugs without a perscription